Grilled Avocados with SalsaYield: 6-8 servings
- 4 medium to large avocados
- 3-4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil + 1 tablespoon more for finishing
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt + more to finish
- Freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- 1/3 - ½ cup Garden Fresh Gourmet® Restaurant Style Medium Salsa
- Half a fresh lime
Cut the avocados in half, length-wise. Remove the pits. Cut again into quarters. Place in a medium size mixing bowl. Pour the olive oil over the avocados. Toss lightly with tongs or spatula until the avocados are evenly coated. Season with salt and pepper. Bring a grill to medium-high heat – 425°F -450°F. Using tongs, place the avocados skin side down and grill 4-5 minutes until the avocados start to bubble along the edge of the skin. They should be slightly brown and soft. Transfer them to a platter. Drizzle with the remaining olive oil and sprinkle with a few pinches of Kosher salt. Using a table spoon, drop the salsa into the center of each avocado. Squeeze the lime over top to finish. Serve immediately with the Garden Fresh Gourmet® Original Tortilla Chips.