Italian Wedding Soup with Cheesy Chicken Sausage MeatballsYield: 4-6 servings
- 2 24 oz. containers of Garden Fresh Gourmet® Chicken Noodle with Kale Soup
- ½ pound chicken sausage, casings removed
- ½ pound ground turkey
- ½ cup grated Romano cheese + more for garnish
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh kale (or Italian flat leaf parsley)
- Salt and pepper as desired
Place the Garden Fresh Gourmet® Chicken Noodle Soup with Kale in a medium sauce pan and heat on medium-high about 10-12 minutes. Let simmer on low until ready to serve. Place the remaining ingredients in a medium-sized bowl and mix together very well using a fork. Using clean hands, roll the meat mixture into small ½" meatballs. Place them on a small cookie sheet. Heat a large skillet on medium high. Place the meatballs in the skillet and brown 10-15 minutes. Stir every few minutes to ensure even cooking. Ladle the soup into small serving bowls. Drop 4-5 meatballs into the center of the bowl. Garnish with more Romano cheese as desired. Finish with the chopped kale. Serve immediately.