- Information We Collect
- How We Use and Share Your Information
- How We Protect Your Information
- Interest-Based Advertising
- Social Media Services
- Opting Out of Communications
- Other Important Information
- Contact Us
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may collect various types of information from you depending on how you interact with our Sites, as described below.
Information You Provide to Us
We may receive and store information that you provide to us voluntarily when you visit our Sites. For example, we may receive information from you when you send us a question or comment or otherwise provide information directly to us. Examples of the information that we may collect from you include:
- Email address
- Phone number
- Mailing address
- Age or date of birth
- Username and/or password
- Payment information (e.g., credit card) when making a transaction
- Marital status
- Number and age or date of birth of your children
- Demographic information
- Preferences (e.g., on foods/recipe interests, website usage, grocery store chains, etc.)
If you choose to share information about yourself in a public forum, such as through a social media platform like Facebook or Twitter, or in any user-generated content area of our Sites, we consider that information to be public and not private. Others with access may read, collect and use that information. You assume the risk that your information may be read, collected and shared by such other parties.
Information We Automatically Collect From You
We may also permit other third parties to gather information automatically on our Sites for advertising purposes, as described below in Interest-Based Advertising.
Our Sites may collect information on your specific location to provide location-based services, such as assisting you in finding stores that carry our products or identifying special offers that may be of interest to you. In order for our Sites to identify your location, you must enable this functionality through your device settings to allow the use of cell tower proximity, GPS, Wi-Fi or other similar technologies. You may opt-out of the continued collection and use of this information by adjusting the settings on your device. We have no control over your device’s settings to allow these technologies to collect and use geolocation data.
Information Collected From Other Sources
We may also collect similar or additional information about you from other sources, including public databases and data aggregators. This information may include purchase behavior, market research data or publicly observed data via online activities, such as blogs, social media or other user generated content sites. We may combine this information with other information we collect from you to customize and improve the relevancy of our online services to you.
HOW WE USE AND SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
- to respond to your inquiries, forward information you request and provide other customer service;
- to send you relevant administration information regarding our Sites;
- to supply you with newsletters, promotional emails about us and our partners, product information, event-related news and surveys and samples if you request to receive such communication from us;
- to communicate with you about our sweepstakes, contests, loyalty and rewards programs, coupons, rebates, premiums and other promotions which you have entered or joined or for which you have requested information, including for the purpose of notifying you if you win;
- to identify your consumer review on our Sites, if you provide your information for disclosure;
- to complete a transaction and fulfill your order;
- to conduct research and perform analysis in order to measure, maintain, protect, develop and improve our products and services;
- to detect, investigate and prevent activities that may violate the law or our policies;
- to target relevant advertising to you when you visit our Sites or other third party websites;
- to provide you with a personalized consumer experience on our Sites; and
- to otherwise maintain and optimize the online services our Sites provide to you.
We may share your information among our brands, affiliates and subsidiaries. We also hire third parties to perform services on our behalf and may share your information with them. These third parties are obligated to keep your information confidential and only use it as necessary to perform such services. For example, we may share your information with our agencies to help us administer a sweepstakes or other promotion; deliver content, samples, products, gifts and prizes; or provide you with customer service. When you make a purchase on our Sites, we may share your payment information with our online payment processor to fulfill your order. We do not rent, sell or trade your information to third-party marketers for commercial purposes without your consent.
We may also share your information when we believe it is necessary to comply with the law or a government request; to prevent damage or injury to us or others; or to protect our rights. For example, we reserve the right to and may disclose your information in response to requests from local, state or federal law enforcement officials; any judicial, administrative or similar proceeding or order, such as a subpoena; to investigate suspected fraud, harassment, physical threats or other violations of our Site policies or the rights of third parties; or to investigate any suspected misconduct.
Wemay also share your information in connection with a merger, acquisition, sale or reorganization or the potential thereof, including with our successors in business and purchasers of Site assets, or with our parent or affiliate companies for corporate reporting.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
The security of your information is important to us. We have undertaken commercially reasonable efforts to prevent unauthorized access to the visitor data we retain. However, due to the inherent open nature of the Internet, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or any information provided online, and you do so at your own risk. By using our Sites, you accept all risks associated with any data transmission, including the risk that your information may be intercepted in transit and agree that we will not be liable for disclosures of your information due to errors in transmission or unauthorized acts of third parties.
You can prevent your receipt of interest-based ads by deleting and declining cookies in your browser. If you block cookies, certain features on our Sites may not work. Please note that cookie-based opt-outs are not effective on mobile applications. However, on many mobile devices, application users may opt-out of certain mobile ads via their device settings.
Some browsers offer a “Do Not Track” feature that lets you tell websites that you do not want to have your online activities tracked. Our Sites do not currently take actions to respond to Do Not Track signals because a uniform technological standard has not yet been developed. We continue to review new technologies and may adopt a standard once one is created.
SOCIAL MEDIA SERVICES
OPTING OUT OF COMMUNICATIONS
You may exercise your opt-out rights to stop receiving our promotional communications by:
- Clicking the “unsubscribe” link in the footer of any promotional electronic message from us and following the on-screen directions. If you created an online account with us, you may log-in to the applicable Site and make changes to your communications preferences. We may still need to contact you for administrative or transactional purposes.
- You may also contact us as provided below under Contact Us to make your opt-out request. Be sure to specify the Site and how you want to change, update or limit our use of your information.
Garden Fresh Gourmet's sites are intended for general audiences. We do not primarily direct our sites to and we do not knowingly collect personal information online from children under the age of 13.
OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION
Links to Other Sites
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 (the “Code”) permits users who are California residents to request certain information regarding the disclosure of personal information to third parties which is used for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, to which we shall respond to the extent required by the Code, send us correspondence with your name, postal address and email, referencing “California Privacy Rights,” via any of the methods provided in the Contact Us section below.